Welcome to SD57!
- We currently enroll 13000 students
- We employ more than 1800 teachers and support staff
- Our boundaries are congruent with those of the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George
- Our district covers 52000 square kilometers
School District No. 57's District Direction for the next five years will be:
Truth and Reconciliation
Committing to the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Actions implemented throughout our system to ensure a healthier future for Indigenous learners and a system that acknowledges and teaches Canada’s true history.
Equity of Access
- Responsive systems providing accessible educational opportunities for all students to achieve their goals with specific focus for our Indigenous learners, our children and youth in care and our students with diverse abilities/disabilities.
- Culturally safe, caring, inclusive learning communities, where all students thrive with an emphasis on mental health, physical health and overall wellbeing for students, staff and families.
Engaging, innovative, learning communities with options and choice for all students to be successful. The focus of increasing literacy, numeracy and graduation rates will be prioritized. Specific strategies will be implemented to support our Indigenous learners, our children and youth in care and our students with diverse abilities/disabilities.